As the pandemic is still going on, and there is new information everyday. Here, we would like to update the Covid-19 travel requirements of the Asian countries/destinations our villas are in. Note: as the rules are complicated depending on your type of travel, in this article, we will only focus on restrictions on non-essential travel, ie. travel for tourism purposes. For quick access, simply click on the country you want to travel to.
Indonesia Covid-19 Non-Essential Travel Requirements
Current situation: Indonesia is set to reopen its border for travelers from 19 countries from October 14th: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Liechtenstein, Italy, France, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Poland, Hungary and Norway. Travellers must be fully vaccinated and will have to quarantine for 5 days upon arrival. (More information here)
Since September 16th, visitors from all countries can also enter using a business visa (B211A). This visa costs about $300 and is valid for 3 months. Contact us for more information.
For domestic travel, please check out this link
As of 27 July, 2021, over 45 million people have received the first dose of vaccination. 18.6 million people have received the second jab. (More information here). In Bali, over 82% of the population has received 2 doses of the vaccine.
Mauritius Covid-19 Non-Essential Travel Requirements
Current situation: As of 9 Sep, 2021, 59.94% of the population have received the full dose of vaccination; 5.1% are partially vaccinated. (More information here)
Mauritius is open for tourism.
If you are fully vaccinated:
- Do a PRC test on arrival
- Quarantine for 7 days at certified Covid-19 safe hotels
- Do a PRC test on day 7
- From 1 of October, Mauritius will remove restrictions for fully vaccinated travellers.
If you are unvaccinated:
- Do a PRC test on arrival
- Quarantine for 14 days at an approved accommodation
- Do a PRC test on day 7 and 14
Last update: 13 September
Sri Lanka Covid-19 Non-Essential Travel Requirements
Current situation: As of 28 July, 2021, over 1 million people have received the full dose of vaccination. 5.9 million people only partly vaccinated. (More information here)
If you decide to travel to Sri Lanka, you will need to provide:
- COVID-19 local travel insurance cover for US$12 for a policy of US50,000 for a period of one month
- A negative PCR test
- Original Certificate of Vaccination
- A booking at an approved hotel for up to 14 days, depending on the length of the stay
- Airport transfers have to be arranged by either the respective Certified Safe & Secure L1 hotel or Certified Safe & Secure travel agent.
- No quarantine is required, although you can only visit approved tourist sites during the first 14 days
- Travellers who have received the recommended doses of COVID-19 vaccine should carry the original vaccination certificate / card
For more detailed information, check out Sri Lanka Covid-19 Travel Requirements: Covid-19 Bio-Bubble [Updated 10/2021]
Thailand Covid-19 Non-Essential Travel Requirements
Current situation: After months of strict travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Thailand is gearing up for a return to normalcy by easing some travel restrictions and quarantine requirements and allowing normal tourists to enter the country. Vaccinated travelers are allowed to travel to Thailand without quarantine under the Phuket Sandbox and the Samui Plus Sandbox programs.
As of October 1st, the quarantine has been reduced to 7 days. (More information here)
As of 28 July, 2021, over 3 million people have received the full dose of vaccination. 8.6 million people only partly vaccinated. (More information here)