With palm-fringed beaches, colourful sacred temples and friendly people, Phuket is a dream holiday destination for many travellers. And, this paradise island is open again. In this article, we will update any information regarding requirements to enter Phuket.
Current situation: As of May 1st, all fully vaccinated travelers can enter Thailand without quarantine and without PCR test.
Here are the requirements as of July 1st:
- Fully vaccinated for more than 14 days before traveling.
- Unvaccinated travelers can enter if they show a negative PCR result taken maximum 72 hours before arrival.
- Travel insurance is no longer obligatory but it is highly recommended by the Thai government.
As of 1 July 2022, 74% of the population has been fully vaccinated. 6.2% has only been partially vaccinated. (More information here)
- Phuket Weather: When is the best time to travel to Phuket?
- 10 Best Phuket Restaurants You Seriously Must Try
- Transportation in Phuket: Buses, Cars, Scooters. What are your options?